- Company’s Vision
That Al Hammadi Hospitals will be one of the best providers of medical care in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Company’s Mission
Commitment to the inevitability of continuing to develop the quality standards of medical care and meet the requirements of its customers through effective management, qualified medical staff and high-tech equipment.
- Company’s Strategy and Future Objectives
The Board of Directors adopted at the 2015 a review and update for the strategic plan of the Company for the coming years and the executive management initiated to evaluate and review the strategic objectives in accordance with the Company’s accomplishments, actual indicators over the past years and the study of the new opportunities in the health sector market.
The strategic plan included a number of future and progressive recommendations, which can be summarized as follows:
- Maintaining the status and reputation of the Company in the medical care sector, where the Company has a long experience in the field of medical care for more than 30 years and takes advantage of its location, fame and reputation it has built in the medical care sector in the Kingdom through the quality of medical care services provided to its clients in addition to the operational efficiency as the Company offers its services at competitive prices compared with competitors working in the same sector.
- The Company is keen in its strategy to provide medical services to medium- and high-income segments of the population in Riyadh.
- The Company is tirelessly seeking to recruit, attract and keep qualified doctors and nursing staff.
- Full compliance with ethical and professional standards in all areas of work at the hospital.
- Company’s permanent quest to keep up with the latest technologies in the field of medicine and medical care, which is one of the elements of success of the Company and its enjoyment and maintenance of good fame and reputation in this sector.
- Development of a strategy in line with the growth in the medical care market, where the Company aims to take advantage of the growth in the health care sector in the Kingdom generally and in Riyadh particularly and seeks to take advantage of its leadership position, fame and reputation to expand even more in the range of medical services.
- The Company always strives to provide high quality medical care services as evidenced by receiving numerous prestigious certificates and accreditations, which are renewed periodically. Al Hammadi Hospital is a member of several international organizations, including the British Safety Council, the Federation of American Hospitals and the International Hospitals Federation (IHF).
The following table shows the certificates and accreditations obtained by Al Hammadi Hospital Olaya Branch:
|Accreditation Canada Certificate
||An international accreditation organization accredited by the International Organization for Quality in Health Care, and it provides help and guidance for the health institutions in the world to examine and improve the quality of services provided by international norms and standards.
||From 2015 AD
To 2018 AD
|Certificate of Australian Council for Healthcare Standards International
||It is an independent non-governmental non-profit organization and is considered one of the most important global agencies to develop the quality of medical services and the safety of medical practices. Most of the services provided by Al Hammadi Hospital Olaya Branch have received high evaluation by representatives of the Council (Extensive Achievement)
||From 07/12/2014 AD
To 27/01/2017 AD
|Certificates of Saudi Heart Association
1. Certificate of primary support for the heart: valid until January 3, 2017 AD.
2. Certificate of advanced support for the heart (adults): valid up to March 24, 2016.
3. Certificate of advanced support for the heart (newborns): valid for two years from the date of June 23, 2014 AD
|Certificate of Joint Commission International
||It is one of the most important international organizations, which specializes in providing leadership and innovative solutions to help global healthcare organizations in all locations to improve the level of patient safety and quality in health services
||From 14/11/2014 AD
To 13/11/2017 AD
|Certification of Saudi Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions (CBAHI)
||The Council of Health Services issued Resolution No. 8/58 dated 01/09/1433 AH corresponding to 05/12/2011 AD for the need to get the accreditation of Saudi Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions to all government and private health facilities and it is valid.
||From 08/04/2014 AD
To 07/04/2018 AD
|Certificate of International Association for Consolidation and Quality of Standards ISO 2008:9001 GMS
||Al Hammadi Hospital Olaya Branch received this certificate for the adoption of quality management system standards for the following services: hospitalization, outpatient clinics and ambulance services, which include internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, bone, obstetrics and gynecology and dentistry with all the medical auxiliary services such as pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and physical therapy.
||Certificate is valid until 08/12/2017 AD
- The provision of qualified medical staff, where the Company believes that the main reason for its success in delivering high quality and excellent medical care services lies in the skills of doctors and that the essence of the successful implementation of its vision stems from attracting surgeons and physicians highly experienced in their respective fields.
- The Company believes that the main reason for its success in delivering high quality and excellent medical care services lies in the skills of doctors and that the essence of the successful implementation of its vision stems from attracting surgeons and physicians highly experienced in their respective fields.
- Maintenance of a stable financial position and positive financial results as evident from the financial results achieved by the Company over the past years through the optimum utilization of medical and financial resources.
- Relationship with the medical insurance companies, where the Company enjoys good relations with insurance companies in Saudi Arabia, enabling it to meet the medical needs of a large segment of the population of Riyadh. Insurance contracts are renewed on an annual basis and prices are negotiated upon renewal with each Company separately.